Sunday, March 31, 2013

What have I done?

About a month ago, I went through  a big box of my own scraps, pressing, cutting , sorting and organizing. It took days and left me with a stiff neck and shoulder and a vow to cut and sort as I go. Now I have a huge stack of 2 patches waiting to get sewn into 4 patches then into something usable.

Well, that being said, on Wed. I came home fron Scrap Bags with 1 small and 2 medium size boxes of scraps that were donated from a mother of friend of Mary. ( the mother doesn't know) .So yesterday I sorted through those. There are a zillion 1 and 1/2" squares, maybe a postage stamp top was in mind. I gave mine to Joanne but dare not give her these as they might just be the tipping point. There are lots of various size squares, trianges, 1/2  and 1/4 sq triangles, some hand sewn, some Dear Janes, 2 and 4 patches, lots of UFO's and on and on. It was all very well organized. I think some were things she had bought at yard sales as they were packaged and priced.



Looks like a lot of work ahead. It keeps me off the street and out of the bars!

1 comment:

  1. Just think of all the character you will develop turning those bits into something someone can use?

    ReplyDelete